What if “waste” were a thing of the past? Companies are finding clever ways to convert their waste streams into resources.
Upcycling waste to new products. Recycling garbage so it doesn’t end up in landfills. Our panel will explore opportunities and challenges of getting cash for trash and tell us how doing good for the environment is also good business. It is a dirty tale, with a clean outcome.
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN
Cash for Trash
Date Tuesday, March 27, 2012
- 5:30-6:00pm Doors Open and Early Networking
- 6:00 – 7:30pm Program
- 7:30 – 9:00pm Reception and Networking
Location PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP 300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium SW Corner of 42nd Street
Cost $25 for CBSACNY Members, MCC Members, NYBSC Members & Students and for the Columbia Venture Community; $40 for non-members; $60 at the door. Includes networking reception with drinks and nibbles.
Click here to buy tickets!!!
Advance registration for all CBSAC/NY events closes at 12:00 noon on the day of the event. You will be able to purchase a ticket online until then.If you don’t register in advance and there is still space, you will be able to get a ticket at the door at the higher walk-in rate.
• Colin Beavan, PhD, Executive Director, No Impact Project; international spokesperson on the environment; and author of book and subject of film titled No Impact Man.
• Albe Zakes, Global VP, Media Relations, TerraCycle, Inc.
• Ian Yolles, Chief Sustainability Officer, Recyclebank
• Justin Green, Founder and Director, Build it Green! NYC
• Resa Dimino, Consultant, recycling and sustainable materials management planning & policy
Exclusive Reception Extras
• Innovative Companies: Playback Clothing, Build It Green! NYC, Hipcycle, The 4th Bin, IceStone, NYCompost, Vokashi, and Wearable Collections
• Book Signing: Colin Beavan will be signing his book, No Impact Man
• Executive coaches: valuable ideas and advice from Bill Belknap and Ivy Slater
• Raffles: Playback Clothing and HipCycle will each hold a raffle for cool, upcycled merchandise
• e-Waste recycling: Bring small surplus electronics and The 4th Bin will collect and responsibly recycle laptops, cell phones, PDAs, printers, cartridges, pagers, digital cameras, cables, peripherals, household batteries, and MP3 players
• Sustainable Local Food: Provided by biochef Ula Robertson and At Your Service NY Catering
LinkedIn email to a friend
Share the pictures you take at our events with the club by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us and the Making Green from Green series on Twitter @CBSACNY_SBC, #MGFG and the club on Facebook.
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
Last chance earn a Certificate! Attend four out of six MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN events through June 2012 and earn a Certificate. Future topics include The Future of Green Marketing (April 24), Transportation (May 17), and Green and the 2012 Election (June 12).
For more information: email@example.com
NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME
(photo ID required)
Thanks to McLaren Engineering Group for hosting Sustainable Business Committee meetings.
Thanks to the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce for their support.
Special thanks to PwC, our MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 sponsor, for hosting the event series.
This event was organized by Vreni Hommes, and the Sustainable Business Committee.
6:00pm [ iCal ]
300 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Look Who's Coming:
Lindsey Adler, Residential Systems
Alexandra Alhadeff, KPMG
Adam Baruchowitz, Wearable Collections
Colin Beavan, PhD, No Impact Project
Lilly Belange, No Impact Project
Bill Belknap, Executive Coach
Jaclyn Bouchard, Recyclebank
Peter L. Brooks, Esq.
Laura Bucko, Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
Stephan Clambaneva, IDSA
Sarah Corey, IceStone
Catherine Del Spina
Nell Derick Debevoise
Michael Deutsch, The 4th Bin
Resa Dimino, Consultant
Lauren Dykes, WeRecycle!
Lauren Ehrhart, PlayBack Clothing
Adam Gordon, NYCompost
Justin Green, Build it Green! NYC
Mary Hogue, Nature Renewed
Cassidy Hooker, J. Ottman Consulting
Zhengyu (Johnny) Huang
Kesia Hudson, GREEN
Jaclyn Jablkowski, Build it Green! NYC
Bradley Jobling, Greeter
Michele Joseph, klick consultants, LLC
sarah king, Millstone Advisors
Vivian Lee, Mobile Libris
Gia Machlin, Greeter
Khalil Masmoudi, Olive Branch
Abdelkader Messaoudi, Olive Branch
Jacquelyn Ottman, J. Ottman Consulting
Danielle Ravich, Greeter
Abigail Ray, Greeter
Joan Reilly, Life of Reilly Organizers
Marcia Robbins, Greeter
Ula Robertson, At Your Service Catering
Danielle Savage, WeRecycle!
James Sell, Hipcycle
Guest of Eduard Rozenfeld Sharon
Ivy Slater, Executive Coach
Vandra Thorburn, Vokashi
Ileana van der Linde, ISLAND DOG DESIGN
jeff volshteyn, JP Morgan
Ian Yolles, Recyclebank
Albe Zakes, TerraCycle, Inc.
... a total of 144 guests.